ppp with linux 2.1.125

Post by Mark Brazi » Mon, 19 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Hi,

ppp worked fine with 2.0.34 but I'm having problems connecting with
2.1.125.

Now, I'm getting

pppd[548]: ioctl(SIOCADDRT) device route: Network is down(100)

I'm running pppd version 2.3.3 on RedHat 5.1.

Am I doing something wrong, I used the same login script that I used
under 2.0.34.

Any help would be great,
Thanks.
Mark.

ppp with linux 2.1.125

Post by Harry Harami » Mon, 19 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Have you tried a newver version of pppd deamon?

> Hi,

> ppp worked fine with 2.0.34 but I'm having problems connecting with
> 2.1.125.

> Now, I'm getting

> pppd[548]: ioctl(SIOCADDRT) device route: Network is down(100)

> I'm running pppd version 2.3.3 on RedHat 5.1.

> Am I doing something wrong, I used the same login script that I used
> under 2.0.34.

> Any help would be great,
> Thanks.
> Mark.

  vcard.vcf
< 1K Download

ppp with linux 2.1.125

Post by Mike Dowlin » Mon, 19 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Harry> Content-Type: text/plain; charset=iso-8859-7 Content-Transfer-Encoding:
Harry> 7bit

Harry> Have you tried a newver version of pppd deamon?

Where can one be found that compiles with the recent kernels?

If the original poster were to look in
/usr/src/linux/Documentation/networking/ppp.txt, he would see in the first few
lines that a patch is necessary.

I first serched the net for a newer version of ppp, but could find none with
that patch already appled.  I then applied the patch, and compiled it myself.
(I forget the version, unfortunately.)

Whereas ppp compiled cleanly only a few weeks previously, certainly with 2.1.123
I had to carry out a major hack.  Perhaps I missed something obvious; I could
not avoid the suspicion that a header was missing.  The whole hacking only took
me 20 min, but the changes were so many that it came as a major surprise to me
that I eventually had a functioning binary.

Cheers,
        Mike Dowling

ppp with linux 2.1.125

Post by Elliott Chap » Mon, 19 Oct 1998 04:00:00

Have a look at ezppp (see the Linux applications and utilities page &
go to the internet section).

1. ppp with Linux 2.1.125

Hi,

ppp worked fine with 2.0.34 but I'm having problems connecting with
2.1.125.

Now, I'm getting

pppd[548]: ioctl(SIOCADDRT) device route: Network is down(100)

I'm running pppd version 2.3.3 on RedHat 5.1.

Am I doing something wrong, I used the same login script that I used
under 2.0.34.

Any help would be great,
Thanks.
Mark.

2. rpm kernel-source question

3. PPP on Linux 2.1.125

4. TTS Linux

5. PPP trouble with new kernel (2.1.125)

6. Undeliverable mail: temporarily unable to deliver

7. PPP ioctl(SIOCADDR) error & 2.1.125

8. Kernel firewalling

9. linux in a 486 with 125 Megs Hard Drive

10. Linux On DECstation 5000/125

11. NE2000 ethernet and linux 2.1.125?

12. Linux 2.1.125+ & DHCP

13. Linux 2.1.125 unmount problems at shutdown