mapping buffers from kernel to user space

mapping buffers from kernel to user space

Post by Nitin Mali » Sat, 16 Jan 1999 04:00:00

i need to do the mapping to cut down the s/w overheads in packet
transmission... does any one have any ideas how this can be achieved??

Thanks,

nitin

1. Need help in understanding the mapping of user-space send, sendto, sendmsg to kernel-space sendmsg

Hello,
I am trying to implement my own transport layer protocol in Linux for
an experiment. I am going to use socket interface and add my protocol
using sock_register. For the proto_ops i can see that the parameters
for the sendmsg and recvmsg are (struct kiocb *iocb, struct socket
*sock, struct msghdr *msg, size_t len, int flags). But there are three
types of user api's send, sendto, sendmsg. Of these three only sendmsg
contains a parameter for msghdr. I find that the other two api's are
incompatible with the parameters supplied by the kernel to my kernel-
space sendmsg function. So what happens when we use send and sendto
user-space api's? Hope i am clear..

Thanks,
Bala

2. Creating drivers for XFree86

3. mapping user space and kernel space

4. Problem with mkfs'ing a harddrive under S/Linux...

5. How can I map kernel space to user space ??

6. AIX 3.2 - curses

7. How can I map kernel space to user space..

8. Gtk Error

9. Mapping driver buffer to user space

10. mmapping kernel buffer into user space

11. Allocating buffers in kernel/user space

12. Problem mapping PCI memory space to user space

13. Mapping kernel memory into user space?