Frequency control in the sound driver

Post by Robert Tuttl » Thu, 23 Oct 1997 04:00:00

I was wondering if there was any way to control individual levels of
sound frequency by using the sound driver.  It is similar to using bass
and treble, but I want to have greater control over the frequencies.  I
want to write a program similar to an equalizer.   Or would I have to
rewrite the device driver to do this.

Post by Joel Har » Thu, 23 Oct 1997 04:00:00

>I was wondering if there was any way to control individual levels of
>sound frequency by using the sound driver.  It is similar to using bass
>and treble, but I want to have greater control over the frequencies.  I
>want to write a program similar to an equalizer.   Or would I have to
>rewrite the device driver to do this.

Most cards don't support stuff like this, so you'd have to either re-write
the driver or write some app that would only work on the cards that can
handle it.  I think it'd be a great feature to put in the driver.  Actually,
I have a lot of ideas for the driver (e.g. merge tiMIDIty into /dev/midi for
those of us without wavetable, have some level (in the driver or a lib) of
support for multichannel sound for those of us without /dev/gus, maybe add
mpeg to the types of audio that can be used, etc.).

--

http://www.inficad.com/~deeng -- due for a major overhaul sometime soon...
http://www.linux.org          -- Linux!

Frequency control in the sound driver

Post by Chris Sai » Thu, 23 Oct 1997 04:00:00

1. ALSA driver produces high frequency sound after playing

Hi there,

I use Kernel 2.4.3 with an alsa-driver 0.5.9d,
alsa-lib 0.5.9 and alsa-utils 0.5.9b.
The soundcard I use is an FM801.

The sound playing works without any problems. But
if i stop playing the sound, i hear a shrill high
frequency sound which does not stop as long as i
start playing sound again.

Can so help me?

thanx
Tobias

2. mail parsing

3. Sound Problem: Sound at very low frequency

4. How to prevent login from some hosts in SUN OS?

5. control of Ethernet clock frequency

6. Does Linux/XFree86 support TV-Out on any graphics board

7. Sound problem: Playback at very low frequency

8. Restoring a tape from a different system

9. xf864.0, new NVIDIA Driver and fixed-frequency screen

10. [RESEND] cpufreq: move frequency table helpers to drivers/cpufreq/

11. kernels 2.2.x: sound cuts with OPL3-SAx sound driver

12. Sound with speaker, not Sound Card Driver

13. azt2320 sound card and alsa sound drivers