The implementation of kernel profiling

Post by Jose Manuel Garcia Valdearen » Sun, 19 Feb 1995 01:40:00

I do not like the implementation of the profiling
buffer. It covers the full address space of the
kernel without taking into account that the kernel
does not starts at 0x0. Therefore, it wastes about
0x10000 bytes (about 1 Mb). I have a fix for this
but it might not be portable to ALPHA and so on.

I want to know if this caveat is going to be fixed.
It is really easy to fix it.

Post by Jose Manuel Mo » Tue, 21 Feb 1995 20:12:36

: I do not like the implementation of the profiling
: buffer. It covers the full address space of the
: kernel without taking into account that the kernel
: does not starts at 0x0. Therefore, it wastes about
: 0x10000 bytes (about 1 Mb). I have a fix for this
: but it might not be portable to ALPHA and so on.

: I want to know if this caveat is going to be fixed.
: It is really easy to fix it.

You forgot a zero, it wastes 0x100000 (1 Mb is right).