Best Database System for Linux ???

What is the best database system for use in Linux ???

Post by Mark Swans » Sat, 08 Jun 1996 04:00:00

>What is the best database system for use in Linux ???

I'd have to say Empress, $149.00 US for the personal version.
http://www.empress.com

1. Best file system type for databases

I am in the process of setting up an Oracle DB V 9i on Redhat Linux AS
2.1. In this case we are dealing with a rather small number of files
having mostly a large size, some of them are being written
sequentially (redo logs), and some almost constantly (control files).
So the situation seems like an ideal case to use a file system that
best suites to it. Since one can choose the file system type among a
number of these using Linux, I am wondering which one is the more
appropriate or offers the best performance. Besides ext3 there is
reiserfs and xfs and...

Any experience or recommendations?

The most important DB files are located in a (hardware) RAID 10 (5x2
HDs), but I think the file system does not care about that.

Thanks
Rick Denoire

2. AIX 3.1 and IBM RS/6000 - Frequently Asked Questions (Part 1/2)

3. Best Database for Linux ? (Paradox for Linux?)

4. Apache-1.3.6 slow down network

5. Best database for web backend on Linux?

6. Oracle and Memory

7. Best bay to use Apache, Web development and database for LINUX?

8. APM IOC REJECT ?

9. Q: Best way to do the database-on-the-web thing with Linux

10. What is best for Web development tools and database for LINUX?

11. Vienna, AT - Head, Systems and Database Administration Unit, UN System Organization

12. Linux/Unix based database system with nice clients?

13. COMMERCIAL: ADABAS D Linux Edition 10.0 - database system