Watchdog app, for Jumptec PC104 Board ?

Post by Robert Depenbroc » Mon, 13 Dec 1999 04:00:00

Hi !

Has anyone managed to get an app working, which
triggers the watchdog, included in the MOPS series of PC104 Boards from
Jumptec ?

I believe, this must be only some lines of code, since only a few bytes
will be written
into an io section.

Has anyone get something similar work ?

Greetings
 Robert Depenbrock

Post by Roland Dieteric » Mon, 13 Dec 1999 04:00:00

> I believe, this must be only some lines of code, since only a few bytes
> will be written
> into an io section.

You can use /usr/src/linux/drivers/char/acquirewdt.c as a starting point
for a watchdog driver. Just change the IO addresses and switch from
reading bytes to writing bytes.

Quote:> Has anyone get something similar work ?

I've done it for the CI7BM SBC, using the method described above. You
can get the patch at http://fit.gmd.de/~cactus/ci7bm.patch. This has
been working for some weeks now, both as a module and compiled-in code.

Maybe someone should generalize this driver, so that the io-adresses and
the update  method (reading or writing) can be given as a parameter at
kernel configuration time.

Bye, Roland

--
Please accept my resignation. I don't want to belong to any club
that will accept me as a member. -- Groucho Marx

1. Jumptec MOPS/686+ and PC104-DAS16Jr/12

Hello,

I plan to use the two boards in the subject to build up a datalogger
for one 80kHz and up to 15 1kHz signals writing to a RAM disk (option
would be Flash).

A few simple questions:

- Did somebody manage to get these two (either two) up an running, so
  I could eventually ask this group in case I have problems?

- Using Comedi?

- Allthough RTFM I'm not sure if I can really program the DAS so it
  samples one channel with around 80kHz and the others with only
  around 1kHz. Is this possible?

- To have a "short time to market" (1 installation, UMC not that
  critical but time) I plan to strip down a SuSE. Bad idea?

- Would an IDE FlashCard have the bandwidth for writing about
  (80KB+15*1KB)*3/2=142KB sustained? I've heard of 800kB and faster
  (with high speed flash cards).

Thanks in advance for an answer to any of these questions.

Roman

--

It's not a bug of my MUA that I have only two lines of signature!

2. Info on ftp site administration?

3. Some problem while installing PC104 LPT 2COM232 card on PC104 module (linux debian woody 3.0)

4. wn- Web Server

5. Some problems while configuring PC104 LPT-2COM232 card on PC104 module (debian woody)

6. Compiling error on AIX 4.3 with gcc

7. PC104 4 port serial board

8. DBD::MySQL on NetWinder . . .

9. Install Linux on a PC104 board

10. A good (and cheap) pc104 board

11. problems with putting an rtlinux kernel on a 686 on a PC104 board

12. Alpha board on PC104

13. Ramdrive freeze using WinSystems PC104 Board