Need help with LaTeX!

Post by Anton Antic » Tue, 07 Apr 1998 04:00:00

    Hello!

I'm not sure it's a right place to ask but I don't know of any other :)

I need to insert an EPS picture into*document and place some
adjusted formatted text to the right of it.
The thing is that the picture will fit only in LANDSCAPE orientation...
Could you help me with the code that would do that??
Thank you!

Anton V. Antich.

Need help with LaTeX!

Post by Mark Tranchan » Tue, 07 Apr 1998 04:00:00

>     Hello!

> I'm not sure it's a right place to ask but I don't know of any other :)

> I need to insert an EPS picture into*document and place some
> adjusted formatted text to the right of it.
> The thing is that the picture will fit only in LANDSCAPE orientation...
> Could you help me with the code that would do that??

The place to ask TeX/LaTeX questions is the newsgroup comp.text.tex.

You will probably need the rotating package. 'The*Companion' has a
lot to say about EPS embedding.

Mark.

Need help with LaTeX!

Post by Gordon Sco » Tue, 07 Apr 1998 04:00:00

: I'm not sure it's a right place to ask but I don't know of any other :)

It isn't try comp.text.tex

--
Gordon Scott             Opinions expressed are my own.

Linux  ...............   Because I like to _get_ there today.

Need help with LaTeX!

Post by Michal Jaegerma » Tue, 07 Apr 1998 04:00:00

:
: I'm not sure it's a right place to ask

Definitely not.

: but I don't know of any other :)

comp.text.tex

: I need to insert an EPS picture into*document and place some
: adjusted formatted text to the right of it.

Read 'epslatex' document from CTAN.

: The thing is that the picture will fit only in LANDSCAPE orientation...

You put your picture and text in two, side-by-side, parboxes and
rotate the whole thing.

You likely are running teTeX.  Roughly half of this distribution
consist of documentation.  There are also various book about*
Some of these:
A Guide to LaTeX2e, Kopka & Daly,  ISBN 0-201-42777-X
The*Companion, Goossens & Mitellbach & Samarin, ISBN 0-201-54199-8
The*Graphics Companion, Goossens & Rahtz & Mitellbach, ISBN 0-201-85469-4

555 pages, 528 pages and 554 pages respectively.

  Michal

Need help with LaTeX!

Post by Alan Shutk » Tue, 07 Apr 1998 04:00:00

A> I need to insert an EPS picture into*document and place some
A> adjusted formatted text to the right of it.  The thing is that the
A> picture will fit only in LANDSCAPE orientation...

\usepackage{graphicx]

..
\includegraphic[angle=-90,width=\textwidth]{thing}

--

He is considered a most graceful speaker who can say nothing in the most words.