Python and ELF - what does it do?

Post by Mark R. Shuttlewort » Thu, 30 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Hi all,

I'm very new to C / GCC and Linux development.

Python allows me to create modules.  Unfortunately,  sometimes
I do want them,  sometimes I don't.  This means compiling lots of
different python executables with different combinations of C modules.

Yuck.

If I go to ELF,  will this allow me have 'dynamically linked modules'?

How will I compile them?  Can I do this without ELF?

Thanks very much.
Mark

HI there,

In about march we should be getting a second PC in our house. I was
concidering trying to network the two machines. One of the machines
is going to be a DOS/Windows affair while the other one is hoping
to become a DOS and Linux setup. I have a few questions that I hope
that someone out there can answer. (The kind of network I'm concid-
ering is peer-to-peer, I think)

1) Using Novell Netware light on the DOS/Windows machine, could it
connect to the Linux machine using standard networking stuff? Would
I be able to have netware on my DOS partition of my Linux/DOS machine
so that when I boot it up using DOS I'm still connected?

2) If I were using the Linux front end for DOOM, could I still play
a multiplayer game across the network? Or would I have to go back to
DOS?

3) Just out of curiosity, could anyone give me info on cost. I've
got a home made estimate (made from various sources) of :

Cabling (roughly)                               :20
                                                ----
Total                                           136

This is a rough estimate, if anyone can confirm or deny this value
please set me straight.

Answers would be much appersiated as it will influence my decision
as to weather to get the network and/or to get Linux.

TTFN and TC, Michael Dales

-'Damn you and your networking problems Q!'-Picard

2. Need help with LILO on Boot Disk

3. accessing dos partitions with wd7000fasst scsi, isc unix 2.2, dos[345]

4. Virtual Console Problem

5. Uninstall Linux: Deleted "non dos partition" with DOS fdisk -- Now what?!?

6. UW2 SCSI performance v. IDE UDMA-2 with PostgreSQL

7. Samba w/ DOS box - what does DOS need?

8. Hang loading syslogd

9. Can I boot from DOS to use DOS Device Drivers?

10. Mini Linux coexists in DOS partition and boot from DOS

11. Q: Filenames turnicated DOS to LINUX to DOS?

12. DEFBOOTSTR=dos should this allow dos to boot by default?

13. copying files from unix to dos system in dos readable format