2.3.x -- development goals anybody?

Post by Mike Dowli » Wed, 19 May 1999 04:00:00

I'm just a little cruious, that's all.

Now that the 2.3.x kernels are being developed, can anybody please describe
briefly what the development goals are?  Obviously new drivers for new
hardware will be part of it, but what other major developments can we expect?

Cheers,
  Mike Dowling

--

It is, in fact, a sendmail alias; the digit 'N' is incremented regularly.
Spammed aliases will be deleted.  Currently, mike[5,7-9,12,13] have been

2.3.x -- development goals anybody?

Post by Brett Neel » Wed, 19 May 1999 04:00:00

LinuxHQ - http://www.linuxhq.com - has a lot of information on
stable/development kernels, official/unofficial kernel patches, and
related news.

An interesting place to watch is at http://www.linux.org.uk/diary/ -
Alan Cox's diary.  He writes about the various kernel code he's working
on.

> I'm just a little cruious, that's all.

> Now that the 2.3.x kernels are being developed, can anybody please describe
> briefly what the development goals are?  Obviously new drivers for new
> hardware will be part of it, but what other major developments can we expect?

> Cheers,
>   Mike Dowling

> --

> It is, in fact, a sendmail alias; the digit 'N' is incremented regularly.
> Spammed aliases will be deleted.  Currently, mike[5,7-9,12,13] have been
> deleted.  If email to mikeN bounces, try mikeN+1.

--
Brett Neely, Technical Support Engineer, Linuxcare, Inc.
415.354.4878 x505 tel, 415.701.7457 fax

Linuxcare. At the center of Linux.