NNTPD with XOVER support

Post by Steven Young » Wed, 29 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Does anyone know of a NNTPD which supports the XOVER command?
My current NNTPD (in.nntpd from Slackware v2.1) does not support this
command, and the latest version of my news reader is attempting to use
it!!

Also, am I correct in assuming the the XOVER command is used to retrieve
a list of article headers?

Later,
Steve.

NC Graphics(Cambridge) Ltd.

NNTPD with XOVER support

:
: Also, am I correct in assuming the the XOVER command is used to retrieve
: a list of article headers?

You'll need to find the archive nntp.1.5.12.1.tar.gz.  This version of
nntpd supports XOVER.  However, you'll need something to build those
overview records.  I've been using the mkover program from Olaf Titz
to do this.
--