Kernel 1.3.42 doesn't boot with loadlin

Post by Stefan Skopn » Wed, 22 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Hi,

I'm having a problem booting the Kernel via loadlin after
I changed kernel version from 1.3.40 to 1.3.42. I even don't
see the message 'decompressing kernel'. The system just locks
up.

I had no problem when booting the new kernel via lilo.

I guess the problem is related to the grown kernel size.

Is there a solution to the problem ? Any help would be
appreciated.

Stefan

Kernel 1.3.42 doesn't boot with loadlin

Post by Alain Kna » Fri, 24 Nov 1995 04:00:00

: Is it possible that the new kernel in your non-Linux partition has found
: its way beyond the 1024th cylinder of your hard drive?
 Does that affect loadlin? I was under the impression that loadlin
used DOS interrupts (not BIOS interrupts) to read the kernel?

--
 Linux - Where do you want to fly today ?
 Windows 95 - Makes a grown man cry

 Alain