linux source code book

Post by bialowa » Thu, 08 May 2003 06:03:01

I am interested in purchasing a book that gives a good introduction to
linux.
A book that provides a lot of source code and intelligible descriptions of
what it does.
It doesn't have to be simple, but thorough.

mike

linux source code book

Post by Grant Edwar » Thu, 08 May 2003 06:37:03

> I am interested in purchasing a book that gives a good
> introduction to linux. A book that provides a lot of source
> code and intelligible descriptions of what it does. It doesn't
> have to be simple, but thorough.

Understanding the Linux Kernel?

http://www.veryComputer.com/

--
Grant Edwards                   grante             Yow!  UH-OH!! We're out
                                  at               of AUTOMOBILE PARTS and

linux source code book

Post by Eugene Te » Thu, 08 May 2003 15:52:32

Robert Love's book on kernel 2.5/2.6 algorithms
will be out this coming July. At the moment, I am
reading Linux Internals by Moshe Bar, Linux Kernel
Programming by Michael Beck, et al, Understanding
the Linux Kernel, and LDD (Linux Device Drivers).

Ok, Moshe Bar book is slightly outdated, depending
on what you want to learn. Understanding the Linux
kernel is not bad, but may be too technical for newbies.
LDD is good, but I would wait for the 2.5/2.6 version.
Linux Kernel Programming talks more about the algos
and theories used in the kernel. May be good if you are
doing OS module in school. I am eagerly waiting for the
new book by Robert, which I heard from him, would
be interesting. At least for my research topic.

Hope that helps.

Eugene
--
:(){(:|:)&};:

> >I am interested in purchasing a book that gives a good introduction to
> >linux.
> >A book that provides a lot of source code and intelligible descriptions of
> >what it does.
> >It doesn't have to be simple, but thorough.

> Linux kernel?
> Linux programming?
>  If so, what type of programming?
>  Heck, what language?
> Linux administration?
> --
> Alex Pavloff - remove BLAH to email
> Software Engineer, Eason Technology

linux source code book

Post by RafBenso » Tue, 13 May 2003 00:40:54

Understanding Linux Kernel is very very very good.

Buy it!

Quote:> I am interested in purchasing a book that gives a good introduction to
> linux.
> A book that provides a lot of source code and intelligible descriptions of
> what it does.
> It doesn't have to be simple, but thorough.

> mike

1. speech recognition book with Linux free C++ source code available

This is to inform that we have written a book

on Automatic Speech recognition (ASR)
("Speech recognition: Theory and C++ implementation, John Wiley & Sons")

In this  book we explain the theory and the implementation of a
multi-speaker continuous speech recognition system.

We also supply in the included CD the full C++ source code (Linux
compilable) of the
experimental HMM based
multi-speaker continuous ASR RES with all the modules
(Initialization, Training, Recognition, Evaluation, Segnmentation)

Further information are available at:
http://www.geocities.com/Eureka/Boardroom/2756/Res/
            or
http://www.fub.it/res

-----------
Lucio Prina Ricotti
Speech Communication Group
Fondazione Ugo Bordoni
via B. Castiglione, 59
00142 - Roma
tel. +39 06 54803358
fax +39 06 54804405

www.fub.it

2. RedHat 3.0.3 & aha2940

3. Any good Book talking about Linux Kernel with Source Code ?

4. PLEASE HELP: sio1 is working but cannot ifconfig cuaa1

5. Stevens Book Source Code? Linux?

6. Modem problems on Open Server 5

7. FREE books, standards, specifications, source code, and more

8. 32bpp vs 24bpp, are they both 16M colors?

9. Source code for Stevens' APUE book?

10. Source code for Marc Rochkind's book

11. FREE books, standards, specifications, source code, and more

12. I have a source code for troff from the book Unix Unleashed ,But I am