Screnn Shell, ASCII and Binary Editors under X!!!!

Screnn Shell, ASCII and Binary Editors under X!!!!

Post by sysadm » Thu, 04 Apr 1996 04:00:00

Hi all,
The first step of the developing screen library for X11 has finished.
This library allows you develop  applications  either for X11 or just for
ANSI terminals very easy and simply - just do it. You can use colors,
shadows, 3D symbols and etc.

You can get those binaries by using ftp.
ftp site    :  sunsite.unc.edu
directory:   /pub/Linux/incoming
file:            Xssh.linux.gz

Those three programs have been created by using this library:
1. Unix File/Command Manager - Screen Sheel (Xssh) - your every day
   working environment; ( You better look at this )
2. Finaly, who is tired of using vi, Xedit or emacs (you know this stuff)
   can use now text editor Xned - developed for people and by people.
3. Binary editor Xedx allows to edit any file as well as any physical
   drive.

The original style and design of this programs do not have any look
like X applications so far.
Now I put here are just executable files compiled for BSD/OS 2.0 and
LINUX 1.2.8. Hopefuly, when I finish my Xscreen library at all I will
put the all source too.  Look for my messages in future.
Please, look at this and send me your comments, it's need for my work.

If you are interested to get source codes of those programms (e.g. you
have another UNIX and want to try it there) - YES. That is possible.

1. Screen Shell, ASCII and Binary Editors under X!!!

[...]

2. su in a script

3. Screen Shell, ASCII and Binary Editors under X!

4. SMSERVER without RPC

5. Screen Shell, ASCII and Binary Editors under X!!!!

6. Help : Problems with OpenSSL installation

7. Screen Shell, ASCII and Binary Editors under X!!!

8. Y2K problem in (sccs) admin under SCO 5.0.5 (?)

9. Binary Editor/Hexadecimal editor

10. Binary editor/Hexadecimal editor

11. New Screen Shell, ASCII and binary editors under X !!!! - XSSH-LNX.GZ (0/4)

12. ASCII Text Editor For Yggdrasil Fall 94

13. Seeking ASCII editor for AIX