Fixes for cmdtool

Post by Robert Mob » Wed, 12 Jul 1995 04:00:00

        How about some fixes for cmdtool?  I doubt I'm the only one who has
noticed the problems cmdtool exhibits.  In standard distribution, cmdtool
is useless in the -C mode (siwgwinch: not a typewriter!) and a big pain in
the *when telneting (it doesn't hide passwords when they are typed).
Has someone re-coded the termcap entry for this device?  If so, where is
it available?

Thanks,
Robert Mobbs

Fixes for cmdtool

Post by Elvis (All shook » Mon, 17 Jul 1995 04:00:00

:       How about some fixes for cmdtool?  I doubt I'm the only one who has
: noticed the problems cmdtool exhibits.  In standard distribution, cmdtool
: is useless in the -C mode (siwgwinch: not a typewriter!) and a big pain in
: the *when telneting (it doesn't hide passwords when they are typed).
: Has someone re-coded the termcap entry for this device?  If so, where is
: it available?

Actually, I have more to add. After a lot of text is displayed, my cursor
starts blinking rapidly and I can no longer input text. Fixes?

: Thanks,
: Robert Mobbs

"i think it's dark and it looks like rain" you said
"and the wind is blowing across the edge of the world" you said
"it's so cold, the cold if you were dead" you said
and then you smiled for a second                             - Robert Smith

Fixes for cmdtool

Post by Donald Griffin ( » Sat, 22 Jul 1995 04:00:00

: :     How about some fixes for cmdtool?  I doubt I'm the only one who has
: : noticed the problems cmdtool exhibits.  In standard distribution, cmdtool
: : is useless in the -C mode (siwgwinch: not a typewriter!) and a big pain in
: : the *when telneting (it doesn't hide passwords when they are typed).
: : Has someone re-coded the termcap entry for this device?  If so, where is
: : it available?

: Actually, I have more to add. After a lot of text is displayed, my cursor
: starts blinking rapidly and I can no longer input text. Fixes?

: : Thanks,
: : Robert Mobbs

I run it as shelltool and dont have those problems (dont get the scroll
bar though).

|        Chris Griffin            |  "That which does not kill you      |
|  University Of South Florida    |       makes you irritable"          |
|    College of Engineering       |            -Nietzsche's Girlfriend  |

1. cmdtool NULL pointer passed to xv_set. FIX?

Could somebody e-mail what the fix is for:

XView error: NULL pointer passed to xv_set.

This happens when I try to startup a cmdtool or shelltool on Solaris 2.6
under an account other than root (it works in the root account).

If you could e-mail the answer to me, it would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Craig Jones.

2. Seeking source code to demangle c++ names

3. PATCH: fix ALi 32bitisms, fix ALi FIFO, fix ALi IRQ crash

4. problems printing postscript

5. cmdtool problem in Openwindows

6. Newbie - Files access

7. cmdtool in Linux

8. Configuring Solaris 2.4 for Dialin Hub (Terminal Server)

9. cmdtool lockup problems

10. Any upgrade for cmdtool of olvwm?

11. vi kills cmdtool

12. tcsh and sun cmdtool