1. kernel 2.1.34 compiling problems
Sorry. I would have posted this to the kernel newsgroup, but it seems to
be pretty much dead now, so I stick to here
I have decide to upgrade to kernel 2.1.34, and be on top of things again,
for the _n_th time.
So here I am, took a potshot at reading ./Documents/Changes, checked my
- Kernel modules modutils-2.1.33-970412
- Gnu C 188.8.131.52
- Binutils 184.108.40.206
- Linux C Library 5.4.23
- Dynamic Linker (ld.so) 1.8.5
- Linux C++ Library 220.127.116.11
- Procps 1.01
- Kbd 0.91
- Sh-utils 1.16
Hmm...... Everything seems to be all right. So here I am, running make
dep; make clean, and eveything works all right, no error messages by
either make. I run make bzImage, it washes the disks for a good hour
(486Dx266, what can you say? Plenty of RAM though), and at the very end
of the compilation comes up with this perl (pardon the pun) of wisdom:
make: Entering directory `/usr/src/linux-2.1.34-clean/arch/i386/kernel'
rm -f kernel.o
ld -m elf_i386 -r -o kernel.o i386_ksyms.o process.o signal.o entry.o traps.o irq.o vm86.o bios32.o ptrace.o ioport.o ldt.o setup.o time.o sys_i386.o smp.o trampoline.o
make: Leaving directory `/usr/src/linux-2.1.34-clean/arch/i386/kernel'
smp.o: In function `x86_do_profile':
smp.o(.text+0x108c) multiple definitions of `x86_do_profile'
time.o(.text+0x2ec) first defined here
make: *** [kernel.o] Error 1
make: *** [linuxsubdirs] Error 2
No other errors other then this. Ideas?
I'll try patching to 2.1.35, and trying again, but if you know what the
reason of this fateful unfairness is, I will appreciate if you'll kindly
Stanislav N. Vardomskiy - Lisgarnet project leader. * I once was called LART
a Bastard, and took no offence. He called me a user, and I killed his LART
account. * My words are my own, and not of my employers. Copyright 1997 LART
Reproduction over MSN and AOL is forbidden. http://www.ncf.carleton.ca/~cn119
2. No swap space define
3. please help: newly compiled kernel cannot compile (2.0.34 slackware)
4. change ip adress in c program
5. Compiling Kernel 2.0.34 to Kernel 2.2.7
6. Problems with logresolve.pl
7. Kernel Compile: Problem with 2.0.34 + RH 5.1
8. Printer Tray needed...
9. Make problems re-compiling kernel 2.0.34-0.6
10. Problems compiling kernel 2.0.34 on RH5, HELP!
11. Slackware and 2.0.34 kernel compile errors
12. Compiling Linux 2.0.34 kernel with 386 or Pentium option ?
13. HELP : Compiling linux kernel 2.0.34