real time SMP

Post by icur » Thu, 26 Jun 2003 01:05:48

Hi,

I wanted to know how the below mentd could be handled on a real-time SMP system.

 - binding a process/thread to a specific CPU ?
 - restricting a CPU's ability to execute some processes ? ie dedicated
 - restricting a CPU from running at all
 - forcing a cpu to run _only_ one process (and its children)
 - getting information about a CPU's state
 - creating/destroying sets of processors, to which processes may be bound

Thanks,

sk

1. Enhanced real time clock and Alpha UP2000 SMP

Hi,

I realized that if I choose "Enhanced real time clock support" during
xconfig, the second CPU is not actually utilized on Alpha UP2000 SMP
according to xosview.

Has anyone observed this on other SMP motherboards?

I checked this with 2.2.14 and 2.2.15pre17.  It must be a bug in
drivers/char/rtc.c in the kernel.

Without the real time clock support, I am now using "rdate -s <clock
system>" to correct the year 2020 problem.    What function does
"enhanced real time clock support" provide other than true clock
of the system without the help of rdate?

Regards,

--
G. Hugh Song

ghsong
at
kjist
dot
ac
dot
kr

2. Creating Solaris 2.3 X-Terminals?

3. hangs with real time clock enabled on SMP system (Mandrake 6.0)

4. OOPS: 2.4.19 md raid5

5. SMP real-time

6. Multiport Serial Board and PPP

7. Real/Non-real time communication over Ethernet?

8. syn cookies

9. Pentium Pro SMP - scsi disks timing out at boot, only with SMP

10. "Real-Time" Time Display in Console

11. X Server Time is REAL time of day???

12. System time warping around real time problem - please help

13. Mixed Time-Share & real-Time scheduling