LFS Development

  http://www.complang.tuwien.ac.at/czezatke/lfs.html

--

Curtis Varner               | Packets are meant to be sent,
Manager of Tech Operations  | not buffered....

University of CA, Riverside | http://www.cs.ucr.edu/~cvarner

LFS Development

Post by Emile van Berge » Fri, 12 Feb 1999 04:00:00

> I am developing a logging filesystem for Linux.  Is it worth the effort to
> submit this code for inclusion in the standard tree?  I am going to develop it
> in any case.  After the LFS is stable I will develop a journalling FS (log
> metadata only).
> Let me know if this work is valuable to you.

Yes, it would be an important reliability feature... So I am interested
(and I'm
sure there'll be others too). But I'd like to point out... are you aware
of the two other (finished/half finished/newborn?) LFS-for-linux
projects collecting dust somewhere?

Sorry, can't remember any URL's from the top of my head, but anyway,
maybe you
can use some of their work to finish your job faster...?

--

M.vr.gr. / Best regards,

This e-mail message is 100% electronically degradeable and produced
on a GNU/Linux system.

1. Looking for Solaris based intranet development tool for dynamic database development

Is anyone aware of a commercial or free tool which provides one with the
rapid development benefits of the full Cold Fusion development suite
as is available today on Windows NT but for development and deployment on
SPARC Solaris?

I know that a portion of the Cold Fusion environment is available for
SPARC Solaris, however, the Cold Fusion developer inhouse with whom
I've been consulting has indicated that only the 'runtime environment', if you
will, is available for SPARC/Solaris, and that even it isn't "as good (sic)"
as it is on Windows NT.

Surely something comperable but with full development support for SPARC
Solaris is available.

I also understand that one can, with Java, Perl, C, Tcl, whatever, write with
CGIs all that Cold Fusion can do.  However, with limited resources for
development, any kind of additional 'power' that can be dedicated towards
more rapid development of HTML page generation merging SQL, minimal
programming languages, various programming language support, etc. may
be useful.
--

<*> O- <URL:http://www.teraform.com/%7Elvirden/> only planning.

2. How to work with spaces in filenames

3. Full GNU C development suite w/out SCO development system (Not)

4. Solaris8 over pppoe (DSL connect)

5. C++ (Was: Win32 development tools vs UNIX development tools)

6. thr_create with/without THR_NEW_LWP

7. Full GNU C development suite w/out SCO development system

8. ftp permissions/.profile

9. LFS support for smbfs in 2.5, and other improvements

10. lfs attempts to mount nfs point twice

11. Which FreeBSD version can run LFS (Log-Structured File System) ?

12. A Thank you to the LFS team

13. SuSE 7.1 and LFS/NFS problems?