Two quick question about configuring the 1.3.69 kernel.

Two quick question about configuring the 1.3.69 kernel.

Post by Ronald F. Guilmet » Sun, 03 Mar 1996 04:00:00

I've just been preparing to upgrade from the 1.3.42 kernel that I have
been using for a couple of months (very happily I might add) to the new
1.3.69 kernel.

In the process of configuring 1.3.69, I came upon two small things I didn't
understand.

First, regarding support for the ``Systems V'' filesystem type, the little
helpfile for this option talks only about SCO, Xenix and Coherent.  What
about UnixWare?  If I enable this option, will I be able to mount my
UnixWare partition?  I sure as heck don't want to risk trying it unless
it is supposed to be supported.  I really don't want to garble my UnixWare
partition.

Second, I noticed that the default for the question about including support
for serial ports is `yes' (which is good because most people have these)
bu the default response for the question about paralel printer support
is `no'.  How come?  I think most folks have a parallel port, and most
folks probably use it for a printer.  So I think the default response for
this question should be `yes'.  well... that's my two-cents anyway.

P.S.  I want to say `thank you' to the folks who took my small patch for
the 1.3.42 SCSI driver and included it in the later releases.  That simplifies
my life, so THANKS.
--

-- Ron Guilmette, Roseville, CA -------- Infinite Monkeys & Co. ------------

------ Copyright (c) 1996 by Ronald F. Guilmette; All rights reserved. -----