compiling problem

Post by Rick Goche » Thu, 01 Apr 1999 04:00:00

Hi all,

I have been trying to compile ssh for my RH5.2 box.  It keeps ending with
several errors about undefined references to tgetstr on a file called
shreadline.c?  Can anyone tell me what tgetstr is how I could fix this?

Thanks for your help,

Rick

compiling problem

Post by Chris Mahmoo » Thu, 01 Apr 1999 04:00:00

what version of ssh? did you give any options to the configure
script?
did you check the mailing-list archive?
-ckm

compiling problem

Post by Rick Goche » Fri, 02 Apr 1999 04:00:00

I downloaded the newest 2.0.12 and wish to compile it on my RH5.2.  I did
not give any options to the configure script and the mailing-list archive
was not a help.

Is tgetstr a variable for ?

thanks again,

Rick

>what version of ssh? did you give any options to the configure
>script?
>did you check the mailing-list archive?
>-ckm

1. Qt compile problems and compiling in general

I am having problems compiling Qt.  The following is the output that
make gives me:

Matthew:/usr/local/qt# make
cd src/moc; make
make[1]: Entering directory `/usr/local/qt/src/moc'
gcc -c -O2 -fno-strength-reduce -Wall -W -I/usr/X11R6/include
-I/usr/local/qt/include ../tools/qbuffer.cpp -o qbuffer.o
In file included from /usr/include/stdlib.h:42,
                 from ../tools/qbuffer.cpp:21:
/usr/include/errno.h:27: linux/errno.h: No such file or directory
make[1]: *** [qbuffer.o] Error 1
make[1]: Leaving directory `/usr/local/qt/src/moc'
make: *** [moc] Error 2

What do all these errors mean? Are they listed somewhere?  What can I do
to compile programs without having all these errors? Help!  Every time I
try to compile some program it returns an error--usually 1 and 2.  Any
program--not just specific programs.  This is really frustrating.
--
Matthew Vanecek
http://www.mjv.com for professional Web Site hosting.

except me. I'm always getting in the way of something...

2. upsd for FreeBSD

3. AMD K6-2Chips compile compile problems...

4. mk.conf defaults?

5. ssh install problem (Newbie compile problem?)

6. Magellan

7. Network problem, kernel compile problem

8. ppp netwirking

9. gcc compiling problem: configure: error: installation or configuration problem: C compiler cannot create executables.

10. aix compile problem with openssh

11. DHCP compile problem

12. ifmail compiling problem

13. Printing / Compiling problems with Linux 1.1.50