Want to know update web site for updated valid kernel commands

Want to know update web site for updated valid kernel commands

Post by Rob Morri » Thu, 27 Jul 2000 04:00:00

We have been writing a simple character device driver.  We have been
using memcpy_tofs command, which apparently is not defined under kernel
version 2.2.14.  I am new to the area and discovered there was a huge
change in the kernel commands when version 2.1 came out.  The long and
the short of it is we FINALLY figured this out and are now using the
appropriate command copy_to_user command.

My question is......does anyone know a good web source for the nitty
gritty details of all the changes to the available kernel commands?

By the way for those of you interested, we are profile the kernel, one
file at a time.  If anyone has interest in this type of work, email me
and perhaps we can correspond and exchange code, ideas,
thoughts....et.al.

Thanks,

Rob Morris

Want to know update web site for updated valid kernel commands

Post by Rick Ell » Fri, 28 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Quote:>We have been writing a simple character device driver.  We have been
>using memcpy_tofs command, which apparently is not defined under kernel
>version 2.2.14.  I am new to the area and discovered there was a huge
>change in the kernel commands when version 2.1 came out.  The long and
>the short of it is we FINALLY figured this out and are now using the
>appropriate command copy_to_user command.

>My question is......does anyone know a good web source for the nitty
>gritty details of all the changes to the available kernel commands?

This might help:

  http://www.atnf.csiro.au/~rgooch/linux/docs/porting-to-2.2.html

--
http://www.fnet.net/~ellis/photo/linux.html

1. Want to know update web site for updated valid kernel commands

We have been writing a simple character device driver.  We have been
using memcpy_tofs command, which apparently is not defined under kernel
version 2.2.14.  I am new to the area and discovered there was a huge
change in the kernel commands when version 2.1 came out.  The long and
the short of it is we FINALLY figured this out and are now using the
appropriate command copy_to_user command.

My question is......does anyone know a good web source for the nitty
gritty details of all the changes to the available kernel commands?

By the way for those of you interested, we are profile the kernel, one
file at a time.  If anyone has interest in this type of work, email me
and perhaps we can correspond and exchange code, ideas,
thoughts....et.al.

Thanks,

Rob Morris

2. Neat little .newsrc fixer-upper.

3. Wanted: Auto FTP updates on remote web site

4. ACPI and Dell 8100

5. Is there an update command for updated aliases file?

6. adding plugins to gimp-0.99.29

7. Linux Newbie Web Site Updated

8. 10/100 Fast Network speed PC Card

9. I need to know how to update a website that uses an Apache web server

10. WWW: Linux v2 Info HQ Web Site Updated

11. Linux Newbie Web Site Updated!!!!!

12. Kernel update : which update to download ?

13. Driver updates needing kernel updates