I just compiled kernel 2.0.1 and now I getr a kernel panic!

I just compiled kernel 2.0.1 and now I getr a kernel panic!

Post by roo » Sun, 06 Oct 1996 04:00:00

root

I think it might be because I had to hit the reset button after I compiled
the kernel because it some how got jamed up when I was working in x-windows.
I just compiled linux kernel 2.0.1 on slackware 3.0 and I know it compiled
right because when it finished it said 'added linux'
                                        'added dos'
When I booted the kernel after I compiled it I recieved this message:

Partition check:
VFS: Cannot open root device on 03:02

Did I some how*up the filing system when I compiled it??I did a
proper shutdown('shutdown -h now')?!I would be very appreciative if
someone could please respond to this posting.

                Thanks for taking the time to read this,
                            Andrew(root)

1. kernel panic on a 2.2.5 kernel new compile

I just compiled a new kernel that I downloaded, I configured it as best
I knew how, but I must have missed something

I get this just before it hangs

request-modules[ide-disk]: Root fs not mounted
hdb: driver not present
VFS: cannot open root device 03:41

I saved my old kernel and put both in lilo.conf so I can boot fine with
the 2.2.3-ac4 kernel that I was using.

The machine is a PII 266 - with 80 meg ram
win98 is on the first hard drive hda1 is the partition that I mount to
see it
lilo resides on hda
linux is on the second drive

2. Poor scsi performance on Miata.

3. Kernel panic on running newely compiled kernel

4. SATAN on Linux

5. compiling ANY new kernel gives "Kernel Panic"...HELP!

6. changing default web directory

7. Help!I just compiled kernel 2.0.1 and now I get a kernel panic!

8. Missing 10gb after mke2fs on LaCie 120gb ext drive

9. Help meeee!!I just compiled kernel 2.0.1 and now I get a kernel panic!!

10. Kernel panic on boot up of newly compiled kernel

11. Help!I just compiled kernel 2.0.1 and now I get a kernel panic!!

12. Help!I just compiled kernel 2.0.1 and now I get a kernel panic!

13. Kernel panic after compiling new kernel... help!