finding memory mapped devices

Post by Lee Jenkin » Sat, 10 Mar 2001 07:48:22

I'm writing a program to identify devices associated with one or more of
the following resources: I/O ports, DMA, IRQ, or I/O memory. The first
three are easily found by examining /proc/ioports, /proc/dma, and
/proc/interrupts. But I haven't found an analogous listing for I/O
memory mapped devices. The closest thing I've found is in /proc/pci --
but, of course, that list doesn't show mappings for non-PCI devices.
     Does the kernal keep a list of I/O memory mapped devices? If so,
how is it accessed?

Lee Jenkins

replace underscore with period for correct email address

finding memory mapped devices

Post by Lee H » Sat, 10 Mar 2001 19:44:49

AFAIK, kernel doesn't not maintain i/o memory region.
Kernel offers no function for reserving memory region like other
resource, (eg, request_region() for i/o port).

*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*=*
Lee, Ho. Software Engineer, Embedded Linux Dep, LinuxOne

Homepage : http://flyduck.com, http://linuxkernel.to

Lee Jenkins Write:

Quote:>I'm writing a program to identify devices associated with one or more of
>the following resources: I/O ports, DMA, IRQ, or I/O memory. The first
>three are easily found by examining /proc/ioports, /proc/dma, and
>/proc/interrupts. But I haven't found an analogous listing for I/O
>memory mapped devices. The closest thing I've found is in /proc/pci --
>but, of course, that list doesn't show mappings for non-PCI devices.
>     Does the kernal keep a list of I/O memory mapped devices? If so,
>how is it accessed?

1. memory-mapped device with modules

Hello!
        I am writing a device driver for a memory-mapped data acquisition
board.  I wrote the driver in user-space, and now want to write it in kernel
space to use DMA transfers.  In user-space, I opened /dev/mem and used mmap
to access the physical addresses.  How do I do this in kernel space using the
modules package?  Open, close and mmap give me undefined symbols.  Thanks!

-Yazdi Contractor

2. Restart leafnode fetching of expired newsgroup?

3. Mapping IO device to Cacheable memory

4. Problem with TCP/IP ?

5. VME and memory that can be mapped for devices.

6. File Size problem using Apache 1.3.12 on Solaris

7. mapping ISA device memory in kernel space

8. Looking for better termcap for Solaris 2.1

9. In a Driver Read/Write Routine, accessing a memory-mapped device

10. device memory mapping

11. Memory mapped I/O address of a device

12. Memory mapping a device PLEASE HELP!!!!

13. Mapping non-Device Memory in a Driver