Sound programming. Is there a library for it?

Sound programming. Is there a library for it?

Post by n.. » Sun, 16 Jul 2000 04:00:00

Graphics on Linux arn't a problem. You can use X windows or vgalib amongst
other things. Sound though I haven't figure out how to do short of getting
some miserable beep using \07 or the XBeep() function in Xlib.
Is there some sort of standard sound library in linux? The man pages and
HOWTOs have proved fruitless.

Thanks for any help

NJR

Post by Nic » Mon, 17 Jul 2000 04:00:00

> Graphics on Linux arn't a problem. You can use X windows or vgalib amongst
> other things. Sound though I haven't figure out how to do short of getting
> some miserable beep using \07 or the XBeep() function in Xlib.
> Is there some sort of standard sound library in linux? The man pages and
> HOWTOs have proved fruitless.

Linux uses the Open Sound System API, for details see:

http://www.opensound.com/pguide/index.html

Regards,
        Nic.

--
J. Random Coder < sky at wibble dot net >

Post by Dave Bla » Mon, 17 Jul 2000 04:00:00

> Graphics on Linux arn't a problem. You can use X windows or
> vgalib amongst other things. Sound though I haven't figure out
> how to do short of getting some miserable beep using \07 or the
> XBeep() function in Xlib. Is there some sort of standard sound
> library in linux? The man pages and HOWTOs have proved fruitless.

http://www.opensound.com

Look for opensound API specs.

Basically, it is not so tough. If you need a sample
program email me.

--
Dave Blake

1. Using static libraries and shared libraries in same program?

I have a program I have been working on that uses a static library.
I recently upgraded to Slackware linux 3.0, ELF.  Now when I try
to compile my program, the linker gives me nasty massages about

"undefined reference to `ALL_THE_FUNCTIONS_IN_THE_LIBRARY_I_USE'"

The very same library worked before I upgraded.  The linker finds the library,
because if I change the -L/THE_RIGHT_DIRECTORY to somewhere else, the linker
complains about not finding the library at all.  If I include the flag
"-static"  and reset all the directories to find the static versions of all
the other libraries, I still get the same error from the linker about this one
library!  It worked before... what am I doing wrong?  Maybe I don't understand
something that I should.  Any suggestions?  Do I need to get a version of the
library compiled using a newer version of Linux?

Erik B. Andersen

-------

-------

2. 13/41 sound/oss/pas2_midi.c - convert cli to spinlocks

3. how do I find out what shared libraries and static libraries a program depends on?

4. - server name?

5. It`s IMPORTANT!!!

6. can connect but cant browse

7. Please Help....it′s a very small thing!!!!.PLEASE

8. Using both /etc/hosts and domain name server to get host addrs

9. Help me !!!!!! I have no Idea it′s crucial

10. It`s IMPORTANT!!!

11. My sound synthesis program's sounds end with a dash of static

12. xmms sounds crappy, but cli programs like mpg321 and ogg123 sound good

13. X shared libraries - What am I missing here