Problem with rpc.lockd [lockd] process

Post by Helmut Kreise » Fri, 16 Mar 2001 16:35:44

Hi,
we have a cluster of some linux systems, which are connected via nfs
to a server. On this server the process [lockd] (rpc.lockd) doesn't
exist any more. After reboot, the process vanish. Now, mailing has problems
to send mail locally that serversystem.

does anybody no,
 - what this process does
 - why (perhaps) this process stops working
 - and where some documantation exists ?

Thanks in advance
Helmut

        G S I  --  Gesellschaft fuer Schwerionenforschung

      -DV&EE- Computing
System Manager DEC/OpenVMS and Linux

1. Problem with rpc.lockd [lockd] process

Hi,
we have a cluster of some linux systems, which are connected via nfs
to a server. On this server the process [lockd] (rpc.lockd) doesn't
exist any more. After reboot, the process vanish. Now, mailing has problems
to send mail locally that serversystem.

does anybody no,
 - what this process does
 - why (perhaps) this process stops working
 - and where some documantation exists ?

Thanks in advance
Helmut

        G S I  --  Gesellschaft fuer Schwerionenforschung

      -DV&EE- Computing
System Manager DEC/OpenVMS and Linux

2. LDAP errors

3. rpc.lockd (or lockd) on Linux ?

4. Colormap Problem!

5. lockd: cannot monitor although all rpc processes are runnig

6. wtmp problem

7. rpc.lockd hangs process locking files on NeXT NFS server

8. Share an Internet connection?

9. RPC.LOCKD cannot contact RPC.STATD. HELP!!

10. rpc.statd & rpc.lockd?

11. Need help with rpc.statd and rpc.lockd messages (AIX 3.2)

12. rpc.lockd & rpc.statd for Linux

13. NFS : port of rpc.statd & rpc.lockd to Linux ?