JCPU of ttyp0 will increase nonstop...

Post by P.P.Foo » Wed, 15 Nov 1995 04:00:00

Hi,

   I am using kernel 1.3.39 on Slackware 3.0.0, and have just updated
   procps from procps0.97-1.3.39

   I notice that the JCPU of ttyp0 will increase nonstop and will never
   decrease, even if it is used by different user from time to time (ie.
   a user with ttyp0 logout and another login, the JCPU of ttyp0 just
   remain increasing dramatically)

   The system also occasionally hang-up, with the keyboard of the server
   lock-up.  What's wrong with it?

   Our hardware consists of: Pentium-75, Asus TP4XE, AHA1542CF SCSI,
   Quantum 850 TRB, PcNET CN970EBT NIC.  Is this kind of combination ok?

=  P.P.Foong, CSIE undergraduate of National Central University, Taiwan.  =

=  Hmmm.... Actually, my hometown is in Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia.....        =

Post by Juha Virtan » Tue, 21 Nov 1995 04:00:00

:>   I am using kernel 1.3.39 on Slackware 3.0.0, and have just updated
:>   procps from procps0.97-1.3.39
:>
:>   I notice that the JCPU of ttyp0 will increase nonstop and will never
:>   decrease, even if it is used by different user from time to time (ie.
:>   a user with ttyp0 logout and another login, the JCPU of ttyp0 just
:>   remain increasing dramatically)

I have noticed the same with console entry (which is the first
entry displayed). It should never get any JCPU assigned to it as
the entry does not point to any existing process (sessreg
creates it when logging in from xdm's login window).

I haven't had time to look into sources to what's going on there.

Juha
--
                        +--------------+
        garbage in   -->|  "research"  |-->   science out

1. JCPU of ttyp0 will increase nonstop...

Hi,

   I am using kernel 1.3.39 on Slackware 3.0.0, and have just updated
   procps from procps0.97-1.3.39

   I notice that the JCPU of ttyp0 will increase nonstop and will never
   decrease, even if it is used by different user from time to time (ie.
   a user with ttyp0 logout and another login, the JCPU of ttyp0 just
   remain increasing dramatically)

   The system also occasionally hang-up, with the keyboard of the server
   lock-up.  What's wrong with it?

=  P.P.Foong, CSIE undergraduate of National Central University, Taiwan.  =

=  Hmmm.... Actually, my hometown is in Ipoh, Perak, Malaysia.....        =

2. mod_perl POST request problems

3. increase mem -> increase cpu performance ?

4. Virtual Console Indicator

5. Why throughput increases as MTU size is increased

6. disappearing logical partitions

7. Large Filesystem/Inode problem with NonStop-UX

8. slackware to redhat

9. display flickers nonstop

10. Nonstop flickering display

11. >> HELP << Tandem Nonstop to Unix