Need MAJOR HELP MAJOR FAST

Post by RichardGortatowsk » Tue, 26 Mar 1996 04:00:00

I installed mgetty as a replacement to uugetty...

All seemed fine and then when a new user of our system logged
in a message dl_boot: open /dev/zero failed! appears.

Running 1.2.13 slackware 3.0...
permissions are 666 and owned by root.sys on the device.

I have another linux machine running same that states permissions
are correct. Is there a lock file or something for this?

I have 200 users who cannot log in.
Nice.
Mgetty... Stay away

Please help.... fast!

--Rick

Need MAJOR HELP MAJOR FAST

Post by Markus Gutsch » Fri, 29 Mar 1996 04:00:00

Need MAJOR HELP MAJOR FAST

Post by Nicholas Sydenh » Tue, 02 Apr 1996 04:00:00

I assume you've checked the /etc/password file to see that the
user's home directory is correctly set?

Quote:>I installed mgetty as a replacement to uugetty...

--
      .---.        .----------- Nicholas Sydenham
     /     \  __  /    ------   DRA Malvern

  //// / // :    : ---
 // /   /  /`    '--
//          //..\\
       ====UU====UU====
           '//||\\`
             ''``

1. NEED MAJOR HELP MAJOR FAST!

Well Hello there!!!!!

And thank you for your time!!!!

And lets get onto it w/o delay....

Here's the situation....

I run a very special BBS system for youth....

I was/am using one system to run the 17 line puppy...

One system s a file server/backup & development system....

The BBS server itself uses slackwre 3.0 kernel 1.2.13

The development machine had 1.2.11 and gcc 2.63 (the BBS has 2.7.0) on it...

I recently updated the development system to 2.7.0... Cool yes?

Well..... All of sudden SIGHUP (hangups) signals are NOT being caught.

If  person logs out of the BBS in regular fashion, no sweat...
But if they just hang up, dead modem, sit their forever....
Ummmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmmm HELP!!!!!!!
:)

As soon as possible would be a great thang!

Thanks!

2. COMMERCIAL: Moo-Tiff: A port of Motif 2.0

3. MAJOR MAJOR PROBLEMS

4. Scanner (TWAIN?) support (x86 2.5.1)

5. block-major...char-major...probs

6. Header Files

7. Please help, i need major help, i cant boot into mandrake linux 8.1

8. strange problem connecting 2 linux boxes

9. Major Problems With SuSE 6.2: Need help

10. Major help needed with PPP

11. Newbie: need *MAJOR* help with Toshiba

12. I need help on major and minor numbers for character file

13. need some major help!!