Splash screen during boot?

Post by Fuzzy F » Mon, 01 Sep 1997 04:00:00

Quote:> Has anyone tried implementing a boot-time splash screen?

Well, I suppose that early in the boot sequence, you could spawn off
a 'zgv' process in the background, which would switch to a different
virtual console while it displays your pretty picture, and the boot
messages remain off-screen.

This wouldn't fit well with me, 'cause my box stays up 24x7.  :)

--
--------  Fuzzy Fox  (David DeSimone)  http://www.metronet.com/~fox/  --------
Love your enemies: they'll || If you're reading this on UseNet, my address is

Splash screen during boot?

Post by Arthur Jeriji » Wed, 03 Sep 1997 04:00:00

>Has anyone tried implementing a boot-time splash screen?

>Most people who read this newsgroup are probably always
>trying out new kernels and therefore have no interest in
>hiding all the lovely kernel boot messages, but one can
>always hope ;-)

Sure..just patch your kernel with the latest version of GGI.
You'll get a REALLY NICE splash screen.  You can find GGI
in ftp://synergy.caltech.edu/pub/ggi.

:*)

Quote:>--
>Kenji Andrew Matsuoka :::: http://hana.physics.sunysb.edu/~kenji/
>"it was truly an out-of-body experience"
>  -- Andy Bell, on meeting Madonna

--Arthur

Splash screen during boot?

Post by Thomas Wol » Sat, 13 Sep 1997 04:00:00

: > Has anyone tried implementing a boot-time splash screen?

Look into the Linux GGI project.

http://synergy.foo.net/~ggi

--

Huntington, WV              |  for PGP Public Key