interrupt handler not being called .

Post by Nilesh Pate » Sat, 26 Feb 2000 04:00:00

  hi ,
         there is an ISR which is being registered for a specific IRQ .
The interrupt has been registered and a
shared IRQ is being used . however there is no other device using this
irq . The hardware has been properly
initialised , we are getting an irq line , but the interrupt handler is
not being called . The interrupt handler
is to be called when a certain buffer gets full . but once the buffer
gets full , the kernel hangs . Please let know
the cause for this . Again , do we have to call a enable_irq explicitly
..

summing up ,
            why is the handler not being called ?

do reply back at the earliest .

thanks,
raj.

interrupt handler not being called .

Post by Norm Dresne » Sat, 26 Feb 2000 04:00:00

Do you know, in fact, that the kernel is assigning the interrupt to you and
that it is seeing the interrupt?  Try
    cat   /proc/interrupts
and see who's got which interrupt and how many have occurred.
    Norm

Quote:>   hi ,
>          there is an ISR which is being registered for a specific IRQ .
> The interrupt has been registered and a
> shared IRQ is being used . however there is no other device using this
> irq . The hardware has been properly
> initialised , we are getting an irq line , but the interrupt handler is
> not being called . The interrupt handler
> is to be called when a certain buffer gets full . but once the buffer
> gets full , the kernel hangs . Please let know
> the cause for this . Again , do we have to call a enable_irq explicitly
> ..

> summing up ,
>             why is the handler not being called ?

> do reply back at the earliest .

> thanks,
> raj.

1. driver: interrupt handler not getting called

Into the last leg of my driver saga, I hope.

I think i've got everything set up for basic operation.  DMA allocated,
all that stuff.
My attach routine calls

        ddi_add_intr(dip, 0, NULL, 0, hpt_handle_intr, (caddr_t) softstate);

and my strategy func sets the device registers. I do a read of the status
regs immediately after supposedly starting a transfer.
It shows as "busy", and the error flag is clear...

So why does my interrupt routine never get called?

I have a cmn_err() as the first thing in hpt_handle_intr, but I never
see a message, and the dd to my device hangs.

Any ideas, folks?

The word of the day is mispergitude

2. Getting PCnet ISA+ to work with Linux

3. interrupt handler not being called .

4. ntpd shutdown failed

5. Interrupt handler not being called.

6. Outgoing Email Problems, Need Help

7. interrupt handler not called ( continued )

8. Sound Blaster PCI 128 doesn't work

9. Threads performance - allow signal handler to not call handler

10. can I not get the value of a global variable in an interrupt handler?

11. Reentrant system calls (can be called from signal handler)

12. Handlers, Handlers, Handlers

13. Calling semop() after signal interrupts blocking semop() call