Serial Infrared device driver?

Post by Scott W. Hass » Sat, 15 Apr 1995 04:00:00

I recently bought a PC based laptop that came with a
SIR(Serial Infrared) device builtin.  It seems to be
hooked up to /dev/cua2.

Has anyone written software to communicate with other
infrared devices (like TV, VCR's, etc.) for Linux through
this SIR device?

Thanks,

Scott

Scott W. Hassan                                   "The trees know something

                                                   cats in their prance."

1. Serial mouse only works during installation in graphics mode, problem with 'serial device driver'

Hi,
During installation in graphics mode the serial microsoft mouse works.
But when Linux starts the console mouse drivers, the following error
appears: 'LSR Safety check engaged!', meaning that the UART 16550A
returns 0xFF to a query of the serial device driver which then
concludes that there is some problem. Result: no serial mouse or
whatever device on the serial port will work.
Now I looked for this problem in google and found
http://uwsg.iu.edu/hypermail/linux/kernel/0002.1/0075.html
as an explanation: a sloppy designed UART 16550A chip...
My question: is there any updated driver somewhere in which this
problem is resolved?
Or is there any parameter that I can apply during start up to prevent
the serial driver from performing this check?

thanks a lot,
arie

2. A few Questions about RedHat 7.3

3. Infrared Serial Port

4. name-based virtual hosting in apache

5. Serial Infrared Connector for "big" PCs?

6. NNTP server

7. Infrared Serial Interface for PCs

8. SSL uses Private/Secret Key?

9. serial link software? (for infrared hardware)

10. Linux and Infrared Device

11. infrared output devices

12. infrared: no such device /dev/lirc

13. Device driver calling another device driver.