Linux Device driver sample code

Post by Carlo Baff » Thu, 22 Oct 1998 04:00:00

> Hello all:  I'm going to write a Linux device driver, for port access.Can
> anybody give me some help? Or a device dirver sampe code for me??  thanks.

I Fount really useful the rubini books: "linux device drivers"
(O'Really)
with a lot of exlanations, examples and code (in O'Really site).
Carlo

--
 Carlo Baffa                          Osservatorio Astrofisico di
Arcetri

 http://www.arcetri.astro.it/~baffa/  I-50125-Firenze ITALY

1. Linux Device Driver Sample Code Problem

Hello

I am trying to use the sample code which accompinies the book "Linux Device
Drivers" by Rubini.  I am using the updated beta copy with a linux 2.2.18 kernel.

When I issued make at the top of the example code source tree, I get a build
break in the scullp directory because mmap.c line 84 uses a member vm_pgoff
which doesn't exist.  I didn't think this would be a problem since, I am
just trying to compile the simplier scull example for chapter 3.

Anyhow, the build completed for the scull directory, but when I try to insert
the module using scull_load script I get an error.

./scull.o unresolved symbol scull_remove_proc

I have no idea why this error occurs.  Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks

John

2. KNOPPIX v3.2 STILL USELESS for CD-burning!

3. O'Reilly Samples for Linux Device Drivers, 2nd Edition

4. Morse Code From SB-PRO in Linux?

5. wanted: sample code using BUTTONBOX X input extension device

6. ne2000 compatible Realtek 8029AS

7. Writing control codes to device through a device driver

8. Minicom and keyboard problem

9. Help : ODBC Drivers and sample code for MS SQL Server 6+ on NT

10. Help - looking for sample code of char drivers with r/w buffers

11. Wanted: SVR4 Driver sample code, or references

12. sample driver code

13. sample DMA driver read code?