touch panel

Post by slla » Sun, 28 May 2000 04:00:00

I would like to know in order to control the touch panel, what are the
things I need to know.
Does the Linux OS have the touch panel driver. I knew that in the KDE for
GUI development contain the mouse operation to indicate the mouse movement
and mouse click. Howevr, what should I use if I use the touch panel to
activate the progarm and not the mouse click action.
Can somebody provide some info regarding this.

thanks
sllai

touch panel

Post by fhc » Sun, 28 May 2000 04:00:00

> I would like to know in order to control the touch panel, what are the
> things I need to know.
> Does the Linux OS have the touch panel driver. I knew that in the KDE for
> GUI development contain the mouse operation to indicate the mouse movement
> and mouse click. Howevr, what should I use if I use the touch panel to
> activate the progarm and not the mouse click action.
> Can somebody provide some info regarding this.

> thanks
> sllai

X Window System provides support for a few devices including some touch
screens I believe.  Look at the documentation for XF86Config file.  Just
for fun I set up the computer to be controlled by a joystick.  You can
set it up to auto switch or require a manual switch (by calling some
utilitie or function).  You can use this technique to add as many input
devices as you want.  Anyway, hope it supports your screen.

Frank Carney