"Unable to handle kernel null pointer dereference"

"Unable to handle kernel null pointer dereference"

Post by colli.. » Wed, 23 Jan 2002 00:58:11

Hi,

i'm seeing the following message during boot on my test machine:

"Unable to handle kernel null pointer dereference at virtual address
00000034".

Is this message caused exclusively by kernel code or could it also be
caused by a user program?

Thanks for any infos,

Martin.

1. INFO: kernel: Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference

Out of the blue today I received this message across the system from the
kernel:

Kernel: Unable to handle NULL pointer dereference at virtual address c0000030
kernel: current->tss.cr3 = 075c0000,
kernel: *pde = 00102067
kernel: *pte = 00000027

-------------

I am running v2.0.14 w/ SMP enabled on a Tyan S1668 MB.  Kernel compiled
with pentium pro optimization.  Anyone have any ideas?  I've never seen
this before.

Stephen Costaras

2. Probs with Serial Printer since 1.1.60

3. Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address

4. Xaccel X server keyboard problem

5. file manipulation

6. Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference...

7. File Manager for OLVWM

8. CRASH: Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference...

9. Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference... and others!

10. Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at vir

11. Problem with 2.4.20: Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference at virtual address 00000004

12. Unable to handle kernel NULL pointer dereference