kernel configuration question

Post by Travis Grigg » Sat, 01 Feb 2003 03:51:43

I'm trying to setup Software RAID-1. The TLDP pages have been very
helpful. One of the comments I came across in the document is the following:

"1. You need autodetection support in the kernel. Check this"

Just how do I check that. I'm building 2.4.19 kernels. Just what
menuconfig option is that found under? Or has it become standard in
these kernels since that time?

TIA

--
Travis Griggs
Key Technology

1. Yet another Kernel configuration question re: Redhat 5.1 . . .

I finally was able to make my way through what seemed to be a successfull
Unpacking, Compiling, and install.  However, when my system boots, it still
displays version 2.0.27 (Redhat 4.1) instead of what should be there,
2.0.34.   I thought maybe the rc.local file was wrong but of course it's
using uname -r to get the release version.  So 'aparently', all my efforts
to install the correct kernel have been for naught.  I would apreciate if
someone could take a look at the steps I've made and tell me if they can see
anything glaringly wrong.

1.    Obtained the new kernel from sunsite/unc   (linux-2.0.34.tar.gz)
2.    mv linux-2.0.34.tar.gz /usr/src
3.    mv /usr/src/linux /usr/src/linux.old
4.    tar zxvpf linux-2.0.34.tar.gz
5.    cd /usr/src/linux
6.    make mrproper
7.    make menuconfig
8.    make dep ; make clean
9.    make zImage
10.  mv /boot/vmlinuz /boot/vmlinuz.old
11.  cp /usr/src/linux/arch/i386/boot/zImage /boot/vmlinuz
12.  make modules
13.  /etc/lilo.conf
14.  /sbin/lilo

Any suggestions would be greatly apreciated.

2. Sparc Linux on RDI BriteLite?

3. Kernel configuration questions

4. crontabs?

5. Kernel configuration question

6. Error Log: Socket Error: Accept Failed

7. kernel configuration question

8. pppd does not find modem

9. Interesting kernel configuration question

10. Help texts for Kernel configuration (was: Kernel configuration utility)

11. Kernel configuration in kernel, kernel 2.4.20

12. Kernel configuration in kernel, kernel 2.5.53

13. Question about serial multiport configuration and kernel 2.2.x.