Multithreading in linux

Post by Jason Rosenber » Sun, 12 Sep 1999 04:00:00

I am wondering about the multithreading api and model in linux.

Is it pthreads?  And if so, is it the full-on implementation?

Thanks,

Jason

Multithreading in linux

Post by Juergen Hein » Sun, 12 Sep 1999 04:00:00

>I am wondering about the multithreading api and model in linux.

>Is it pthreads?  And if so, is it the full-on implementation?

It's a POSIX 1003.1c implementation but read the docs too, as
there are some glitches depending on the library and kernel
version you're using.

Actually there is no such thing as a full implementation and different
systems are conformant to different POSIX levels ... the fun starts
here.

Ta',
Juergen

--
\ Real name     : Jrgen Heinzl                 \       no flames      /