Opening a kernel module from another kernel module

Opening a kernel module from another kernel module

Post by Ed Hudso » Wed, 11 Oct 2000 04:00:00

I am trying to talk to a kernel module driver that I wrote from another kernel module that
implements some tests for the driver.  I am unable to open it with the standard "open" call that
works from user space.  I assume this is because that functionality is not available
at the kernel level.  Are there any examples available?  I want to be able to open, read and
write from another kernel module.

Thanks

Ed Hudson

1. Ft. Worth - Linux Kernel Module Programmer - Unix kernel modules & Unix device drivers

Linux Kernel Module Programmer - A very loose environment, casual attire,
needs an intermediate to advanced Linux Kernel Module Programmer
immediately for a critical role. This person must have specific experience
in programming Unix kernel modules or drivers and TCP/sockets, preferably
with Linux kernel modules or drivers, or an understanding or experience of
parallel and distributed processing. Program a Linux kernal module to
fulfill the need for a routing program performing communications and shared
server resource management on web servers. These programming tasks are below
the socket level, but some manipulation of sockets is part of the tasks.
This person will perform cutting edge server applications development in a
parallel and distributed environment. This experience is a huge resume
boost.

Required Skills: MUST HAVE experience in programming a Unix or Linux KERNAL
MODULE or DRIVER! ... and C / Unix, networks and protocols, an innovative
mind that enjoys thinking out of the box, good work ethic, work well alone,
self motivated, requires little supervision.

Desired Skills: parallel and distributed processing.

Start Date: ASAP

Type: - Permanent -

Pay Range: $60,000 - $65,000 Annual
+stock options

Benefits: Health Insurance, Life Insurance, Dental Insurance, Disability
Insurance, Paid Vacation, Paid Sick Leave, Stock Options, Flex Time

Location: Ft. Worth , TX - Hurst, TX
TO APPLY, PLEASE CALL OR FORWARD RESUME TO:

Larry Bergstrom
Computer Staff, LLC
1701 W. Northwest Highway
Grapevine, Texas 76051-8105

OFFICE metro  (817) 329-5009
FAX   (817) 329-5091
WEBSITE:  http://www.compstaffonline.com/listings.html
HOME  (817) 251-2029
MOBILE  (817) 723-4298
Information Technology Contract & Permanent Placement Services
ALL RESUME RESPONDENTS ARE HELD CONFIDENTIAL

2. ptrace()/access checking w/o debugger

3. aha1542, module vs kernel, kernel doesn't work, need kernel

4. Problem with Dial-In using uugetty

5. Kernel upgrade: make modules -> nothing to do for 'modules' and complains afterwards ?

6. Disk drive VTOC trouble

7. Redhat 5.1 - ANSWERS - compile kernel, modules, /lib/modules/preferred

8. Can't locate fstab.h - Please help.

9. Module deps when building stacked module outside of kernel source tree

10. Can't Build Kernel Module on V5.1A - no Module created

11. beginner module question: kernel-module version mismatch

12. Compiling the kernel: to module or not to module?

13. load module error--kernel-module version mismatch