Any people have device driver for 8255 IO Card?

Any people have device driver for 8255 IO Card?

Post by Chan Chi Lun » Fri, 26 May 2000 04:00:00

Dears,
        I am trying to write a program in Lunux to control the 8255 IO
card.
        I want to ask anyone can e-mail me the source or where can I
find from the web.

Thx.

Post by Iwo Mergle » Fri, 26 May 2000 04:00:00

> Dears,
>         I am trying to write a program in Lunux to control the 8255 IO
> card.
>         I want to ask anyone can e-mail me the source or where can I
> find from the web.

> Thx.

If I remember correctly, the 8255 is controlled via 4 8-Bit registers
(check the datasheet). All you need to know is the base I/O address
of your card and you can access it from an user-space program. See
the IO-Port howto for details:

http://www.linuxdoc.org/HOWTO/mini/IO-Port-Programming.html

regards,

Iwo