Gnome Task Bar

Post by En » Wed, 20 Oct 1999 04:00:00

Seems that in my attempt to upgrade some packaged for Gnome, I managed to
*up a few things... All I would like to know is what is the Gnome task
bar called, or where can I find it's configuration file (or how I can get it
back)... seems to have gotten either lost or broken.

Eric Naud

Gnome Task Bar

Post by Ronald Col » Thu, 21 Oct 1999 04:00:00

> Seems that in my attempt to upgrade some packaged for Gnome, I managed to
>*up a few things... All I would like to know is what is the Gnome task
> bar called, or where can I find it's configuration file (or how I can get it
> back)... seems to have gotten either lost or broken.

Did you lose the entire panel, or did you just lose the "Gnome Pager"
applet from the panel?

Occasionally, after logging off and logging back in, I'll get a trio
of windows telling me that another panel was detected (with no panel
displayed, btw) and asking whether or not I'd like to start a new one.
I've hosed myself royally by answering "yes" and then having to
rebuild my panel from scratch.  I've since learned to answer "no",
switch to a text console and reboot.  Gnome still *feels* like beta
software to me, despite it's coolness.

--
Forte International, P.O. Box 1412, Ridgecrest, CA  93556-1412

President, CEO                             Fax: (760) 499-9152
My GPG fingerprint: C3AF 4BE9 BEA6 F1C2 B084  4A88 8851 E6C8 69E3 B00B

1. Gnome + Task bar + Short cuts...

Hello,

I'm using shortcuts to move between windows. So I defined 'Next window' and
'Previous window' as shortcuts to do this. The only complication is when I
open multiple windows, task bar doesn't show in order which I opened. (It almost seems like in
a random order). For instance, when I open two xterm windows and
then two mozilla, mozilla tasks shows first and then xterms on the task bar. Thi
s results confusion since I can't find out what the next window would be from
the task bar. In my example, when I focus on second xterm window and according
to the task bar there is no *next* window (task bar shows
mozilla-mozilla-xterm-xterm). But in fact the next window is first mozilla!

I don't think I explained my case clear enough.. :( So I will just simplify
what I'm trying to ask in one sentence:

- How do I make all windows to appear on the task bar in order they are opened????

Thank you..

2. Anyone using an HP 5MP under Solaris 2.x?

3. Removing Items off of the Gnome task bar

4. Linux on HP-PA systems

5. GNOME TASK BAR

6. XVnews fails (only supports 5000 newsgroups)

7. gnome task bar

8. hp JetAdmin and year 2000

9. Lost task bar at bottom of Gnome desktop

10. Ignoring tasks by task bar

11. can i have separate task bars?

12. VNC not showing much such as task bar

13. gnone task bar annoyance