upgrade to glibc2 produces undefined symbols

upgrade to glibc2 produces undefined symbols

Post by Matthew Marlow » Fri, 14 Feb 1997 04:00:00

After upgrading to glibc2, I am receiving undefined symbols
when trying to compile non-trivial code.  Most of the undefined
symbols seemed to be constrained to the "stat" and "fstat" system
calls.

Any ideas?

--
Matthew B. Marlowe                              Template Software

http://www.template.com:/                 703-318-7378 (fax)

Post by Ulrich Drepp » Sat, 15 Feb 1997 04:00:00

> After upgrading to glibc2, I am receiving undefined symbols
> when trying to compile non-trivial code.  Most of the undefined
> symbols seemed to be constrained to the "stat" and "fstat" system
> calls.

This does not belong in this group.  And even more: the problem is
caused by yourself or by some buggy programs you use.  The only
libc.so file you are supposed to have after installing glibc is a
linker script.  This adds the magic to get the necessary definitions.

--
-- Uli

Ulrich Drepper  \    ,-------------------'   \  76149 Karlsruhe/Germany

Post by R. Eastm » Thu, 27 Feb 1997 04:00:00

   > After upgrading to glibc2, I am receiving undefined symbols
   > when trying to compile non-trivial code.  Most of the undefined
   > symbols seemed to be constrained to the "stat" and "fstat" system
   > calls.

   This does not belong in this group.  And even more: the problem is
   caused by yourself or by some buggy programs you use.  The only
   libc.so file you are supposed to have after installing glibc is a
   linker script.  This adds the magic to get the necessary definitions.

Hmm. What does belong in this group? I'd like to know so as to not
commit the faux pas of posting inappropriate comments or questions
regarding glibc.

Ron Eastman

1. glibc2 netscape 4.6 undefined symbols

upon attempting to run netscape 4.51 or 4.6, i get the following
error:
netscape: error in loading shared libraries: netscape: undefined
symbol: __eh_pc

this is a glibc2.1 machine (debian 1.3 upgraded by hand).
how can i remedy this problem?  everything else seem to work just
fine on this machine, so i'm led to believe everything is installed
properly..

thanks.

--