Final: "Hello World!" in implemented in gnu assembler

Final: "Hello World!" in implemented in gnu assembler

Post by Jeffrey Russell Horn » Thu, 01 Aug 1996 04:00:00

All,

Thanks for the replies to this newbie question, and especially those who
contacted my via email.

My conclusion: I certainly agree that it's more worthwhile to program in C
or another higher level language, but I'm striving for a  _deeper_
understanding, from boot time to halt, of how the kernel gets loaded into
memory and runs (and of course everything else)... and yes, the linux
kernel hacker's guide is on my reading list.

Again, thanks alot.

jrh

--

Backups, Department of Computer Science