bonding. ethernet bonding.

Post by Paul P Komkoff J » Thu, 12 Dec 2002 19:40:15

hmm. I'm very very unfamiliar with this thing. So when I first tried
to install it I downloaded latest bonding code against 2.4.20 from
sf.net/projects/bonding , patched my kernel with it and etc etc ...

... skipping ...

boot. ip ad flush dev eth{0,1}
modprobe bonding miimon=100
ip ad add myip/mymask brd + dev bond0
ifenslave bond0 eth0 eth1
ip li set bond0 up

switch on the other side (3com superstack 3) configured for trunking
on that 2 ports.

and then
ping $addr_on_local_net do nothing

hmm

tcpdump -i bond0 -vvv -n host $addr_on_local_net

will show me arp replies that $addr_on_local_net is on some
mac_address but
ip ne sh
will show that arp lookup is incomplete then failed

What's wrong?
Maybe other patches I've put in conflicting with this?

--
Paul P 'Stingray' Komkoff 'Greatest' Jr /// (icq)23200764 /// (http)stingr.net
  When you're invisible, the only one really watching you is you (my keychain)

1. [patch] (2/8) Add 802.3ad support to bonding (released to bonding on sourceforge)

      I have incorporated Shmulik Hen's bug fix patches to bonding (patch
numbers 2 and 3) into the current code and released the new patch to
sourceforge.net/projects/bonding.  The current bonding update is
bonding-2.4.20-20030320.  The only changes I made were minor spelling /
formatting fixes.

      -J

-

2. Relink All?

3. Network cards that work with bonding ( bond interface )

4. shell / Hide from 'w'?

5. Network cards that work with bonding ( bond interface ) for HA

6. User acct problems with emacs

7. ethernet channel bonding update

8. Mainframe/UNIX programmers

9. Ethernet Channel Bonding???

10. LCS-8634L Ethernet + P90J-Bond

11. disappointing performance with Ethernet bonding on Linux

12. ethernet bonding: are my twon NICs on the same or different busses

13. Ethernet channel bonding