2.5.xx (BK current) hangs executing rpcinfo

2.5.xx (BK current) hangs executing rpcinfo

Post by Patrick Ma » Tue, 15 Oct 2002 21:20:13

Hallo List,

Debian Linux checks the availibility of NFS v3 by using

# rpcinfo -u localhost nfs 3

Kernel 2.4.18 immediatly returns successful, but current
2.5 BK kernels timeout in the sendto() syscall.

Could someone please verify this ? Is this a known problem ?
Both kernels have v3 server support enabled.

It would be very kind if someone could try the above an send
a reply to me, or tell me why it's not working.

thanks,
Patrick

-

1. timer hang with current 2.5 BK

If I remove the uhci_hcd or ehci_hcd module, then I
systematically get the following:

(EIP) run_timer_softirq+0xe3/0x400
timer_interrupt+0x1a3/0x3f0
do_softirq+0xa1/0xb0
do_IRQ+0x23f/0x380
common_interrupt+0x18/0x20
code: 89 50 04 89 02 C7 41

kernel/timer.c:302: spin_lock (kernel/timer.c:c02f7b00) already
locked by kernel/timer.c/398.

killing interrupt handler etc

Presumably this is related to the stall_timer.
This has been happening for ?one week?, and
still occurs with current BK.  Occurs with and
without preempt (UP).

Any ideas?

Thanks,

Duncan.
-

2. XForms - X11 GUI toolkit and builder - for linux/alpha&sparc

3. fix 3c59x for current 2.5-bk

4. [TRIVIAL] Add back in <asm/system.h> and <linux/linkage.h> to <linux/interrupt.h>

5. EHCI Kernel panic on current BK 2.5

6. Lockup on booting (RH6.1)

7. 2.5 bk current ohci1394 breakage

8. Need help to get term running !

9. Compile fix for current 2.5 BK.

10. DAC960 breakage, 2.5 bk current

11. compile problem in current BK 2.5

12. AIC7xxx error messages with linux 2.5 BK-CURRENT

13. 2.5-bk-current drivers/pnp/interface.c