System does not boot

Post by Ingo Kuhlman » Sat, 15 Sep 2001 02:25:46

Hello,
after building a new kernel, configure it an install it, I got these
messages:

ds: no socket drivers loaded
request_module[blackmajor-a]: Root fs not mounted
VFS:Cannot open root device "901" or 09:01
please append a correct "root=" boot option
Kernel panic:VFS:Unable to mount root fs on 09:01

I think I configured Kernel and Lilo correct because my old kernel works
good with analog
configuration. Is it possible that i forgot to install a important module?
And witch is it? I have got two 18 GB harddisks working under RAID1. I made
initrd and checked the new files. I ran lilo -v and worked stricktly after
Brian Wards description. Can anybody help me?

System does not boot