Assinging IP sin_addr in kernel space

Post by shesha bhusha » Tue, 25 Mar 2003 07:00:12

Hello All,
This is a very basic doubt I suppose, but I am not able to figure out.

If I want to send a message to IP addrs 158.168.1.1 using sockets, how to
assign sock_data.sin_addr.s_addrs with the above IP, if I am assigning this
in a kernel module, where functions like gethostbyname() is not avaliable to
me.

Your help will very valuable.

Thanking You
Shesha

1. RH 6.0 Pump never assings an IP

I just upgraded from Rh5.1 to 6.0 and did a full install. The
installation detected my eepro100 NIC and I told it to use dhcp at
startup.
When I boot the system there is a long delay while it tries to start
eth0 and eventually it says ok and continues on. However dchp never
seems to run and the nic is never assigned an ip. The first thing I
did was to make sure that the dhcp and dhcpcd rpm's were installed.
5.1 always worked flawlessly in this area. Any ideas what could be
wrong.

2. Limewire and denial of service attack

3. Intercepting IP incoming/outgoing datagrams in kernel space

4. Is there a version of s/key already ported to HP-UX?

5. IP Accounting doesn't work for PPP dial-ins :-(( ??

6. What are my options in hooking up to the net?

7. Kernel space to user space

8. Signal 11 upon startup of XFree86 4.0.2 or 4.1.0

9. exchange data from user space to kernel space

10. kernel space access to user space functions

11. Kernel space <-> User space

12. User space to kernel space addr translation?

13. user-space <-> kernel-space