2.5.21 drivers/net/hamradio/soundmodem/gentbl needs -lm

Post by Keith Owen » Wed, 12 Jun 2002 10:30:05

drivers/net/hamradio/soundmodem
/tmp/cc6m8eDA.o: In function `gentbl_offscostab':
/tmp/cc6m8eDA.o(.text+0x64): undefined reference to `cos'
Makefile uses HOST_LOADLIBES instead of HOST_LOADLIBS.  That is what
happens when you use magic variables that cannot be syntax checked,
errors go undetected until somebody uses the option.

Not a problem for kbuild 2.5 of course, it has a syntax checker.

-

2.5.21 drivers/net/hamradio/soundmodem/gentbl needs -lm

Post by Keith Owen » Wed, 12 Jun 2002 11:00:11

Keith Owens wrote

Quote:>drivers/net/hamradio/soundmodem
>/tmp/cc6m8eDA.o: In function `gentbl_offscostab':
>/tmp/cc6m8eDA.o(.text+0x64): undefined reference to `cos'
>Makefile uses HOST_LOADLIBES instead of HOST_LOADLIBS. That is what
>happens when you use magic variables that cannot be syntax checked,
>errors go undetected until somebody uses the option.

Correction: HOST_LOADLIBES is correct, the wierd spelling threw me.

The real problem is the build system ignores HOST_LOADLIBES when
compiling programs directly from sources and not using intermediate
objects.

-