3c59x:command 0x3002 did not complete! Status=0xffff

Post by Andrew Morto » Wed, 31 Oct 2001 04:00:15

> Hi folks,

> Does anybody know what this message in kern.log means?

>         eth0: command 0x3002 did not complete! Status=0xffff

There's a function in the driver which issues reset commands to the
hardware and then spins, waiting for completion.  Usually it takes
a single PCI cycle.  In your case it timed out.

It look to me like the NIC is powered down.  Could you please
send me a bunch of info:

- Does the interface actually work after this message, or is
  it dead?

- If the latter, did you warmboot from another OS?

- Does it help if you add the line

        options 3c59x enable_wol=1

  to /etc/modules.conf?  (This is a misnomer - enable_wol
  enables the driver's power management functions).

Thanks.
-

1. Cardbus problems (vendor 0xffff, device 0xffff)

I'm stuck with my Trendnet TEW-221PCI wireless lan card (Cardbus) not
working in Linux... (it works in Windoze 2k).
Card insertion is detected, but the card itself is not recognized.

I have searched everywhere and I am not able to find any solution.

Here is what I get in dmesg:
cs: cb_alloc(bus 2): vendor 0xffff, device 0xffff
PCI: device 02:00.0 has unknown header type 7f, ignoring.
PCI: No IRQ known for interrupt pin ? of device 02:00.0

lspci says that the card's vendor is unknown.

cardctl status:
Socket 0:
3.3V CardBus card
function 0: [ready]

cardctl ident:
Socket 0:
no product info available

I have several kernels (RH 9.0 one as well as 2.4.21 and 2.4.22-rc1).
PCMCIA utilities are pcmcia-cs-3.2.4.

My cardbus controller is detected prefectly (it is made by ENE), machine
is ECS Green 550.

The card uses ADMtek 8211 chipset (if that matters).
Unfortunately I don't have other cards to test, but this one works in
Windows on the same machine...

I don't know if this a bug or something, but I'm really stuck, so any
advice is appreciated.
Please CC me when replying if possible.

2. How to enter foreign characters w/American keyboard?

3. Getting exit status for a command completed by rsh.

4. Intel Ethernet Express Pro 100b driver

5. "last" command not showing complete information

6. Satan

7. StorEdge: Command not Completed: Potential data path failure:

8. Limiting failed login attempts

9. Is there a command to get the status of a particular Process ID (not ps)

10. ide0: reset timeout: status=0x80{Busy}; hda drive not ready for command

11. 3c59x driver with VLAN support -- kernel 2.6.x, vlan802.1q, driver 3c59x.c

12. getting status from first command in a piped command line