The Parallel port API- I need to write a device driver...!

The Parallel port API- I need to write a device driver...!

Post by Dean McEwa » Sat, 14 Dec 2002 15:20:09

Where can I find information on how to write a
parallel port driver for a device im working on that
needs to connect to a parallel port, I don't want
to write a driver for the parallel port just the device
that uses it.

Any help or advice would be helpful,
please 'cc any mail you send me to

is working properly. Thanks.
 ---
Cheers, Dean.

Check out the new EudoraMail at
http://www.eudoramail.com
-

Post by Adrian Bun » Sat, 14 Dec 2002 23:30:12

> Where can I find information on how to write a
> parallel port driver for a device im working on that
> needs to connect to a parallel port, I don't want
> to write a driver for the parallel port just the device
> that uses it.

  cd path_to_your_kernel_source
  make psdocs    # "htmldocs" and "pdfdocs" are available, too
  gv Documentation/DocBook/parportbook.ps

Quote:>  --- Cheers, Dean.

HTH
Adrian

       "Only a promise," Lao Er said.
                                       Pearl S. Buck - Dragon Seed

-

1. Update the Amiga parallel port driver for new module API.

The patch below updates the Amiga parallel port driver to use the new module
interfaces.  This hasn't been test (sorry no hardware).

--

Open Source Development Lab                     Phone: 503.626.2455 Ext. 17

diff -Nru a/drivers/parport/parport_amiga.c b/drivers/parport/parport_amiga.c
--- a/drivers/parport/parport_amiga.c   Fri Feb 14 09:50:44 2003

        mb();
 }

-static void amiga_inc_use_count(void)
+static int amiga_inc_use_count(void)
 {
-       MOD_INC_USE_COUNT;
+       return try_module_get(THIS_MODULE);
 }

 static void amiga_dec_use_count(void)
 {
-       MOD_DEC_USE_COUNT;
+       module_put(THIS_MODULE);
 }

 static struct parport_operations pp_amiga_ops = {
-

2. qt problem

3. Update the Archimedes parallel port driver for new module API.

4. add a mib

5. Update the Atari parallel port driver for new module API.

6. hosts.allow and hosts.deny

7. Update the PC parallel port driver for new module API.

8. Apache & Netscape Personal Certificates

9. Update the GSC-Bus parallel port driver for new module API.

10. Update parallel port drivers to module loader API.

11. Update the Multiface 3 parallel port driver for new module API.

12. Update the Sun parallel port driver for new module API.

13. Parallel to SCSI Drivers / Parallel Port Drivers