2.5.63 wireless loading problem

Post by David Hind » Sun, 02 Mar 2003 04:20:08

> # CONFIG_ISA is not set

The PCMCIA drivers decide whether or not ISA interrupts are available
based on CONFIG_ISA so you should turn this on.

Perhaps this is a misuse of this configuration option.  I'm not sure
what's the right thing to do.

-- Dave
-

Post by Thomas Molin » Sun, 02 Mar 2003 05:10:05

> > # CONFIG_ISA is not set

> The PCMCIA drivers decide whether or not ISA interrupts are available
> based on CONFIG_ISA so you should turn this on.

> Perhaps this is a misuse of this configuration option.  I'm not sure
> what's the right thing to do.

Your advice worked.  I now get eth0 up and dhcp works.

IMHO it certainly violates the principle of least surprise.  I must have
missed the documentation on this configuration advice.

-

Post by John Webe » Sun, 02 Mar 2003 22:40:08

>># CONFIG_ISA is not set

> The PCMCIA drivers decide whether or not ISA interrupts are available
> based on CONFIG_ISA so you should turn this on.

> Perhaps this is a misuse of this configuration option.  I'm not sure
> what's the right thing to do.

How about calling it "PCI<->PCMCIA bridge support" and making it a
sub-menu of CONFIG_PCI?

-

1. 2.5.63 accesses below %esp (was: Re: ntfs OOPS (2.5.63))

I don't think gcc 2.96 had that problem. I've not seen it there, but
gcc 3.0.x certainly does and a gcc 3.0.x early 3.1.x built kernels seems
to explode randomly under load probably for this reason.

I've also not seen any problemd with this on gcc 3.2. Valgrind has some
notes on affected compilers as the valgrind app also picks up this
violation by the compiler.

-

2. what's the diffrence of freebsd and netbsd and openbsd?

4. 2.5.63 cciss fix unlikely startup problem

5. NIS question

6. Problem with aacraid driver in 2.5.63-bk-latest

7. Last four ports not available - Boca BB-2016

8. radeonfb and DFP problems (kernel 2.5.63)

9. 2.5.63: ACPI S3 and S4 suspend problems

10. [2.5.63] New IDE changes cause data corruption on PIIX4 AND additional problems

11. Spelling fixes for 2.5.63 - didn't