Dell hardware sensors.

Post by Austin Gonyo » Mon, 29 Jul 2002 05:30:11

I was curious if there were any Dell server hardware sensor patches, for
things such as power supply failures, fan outages, etc. Specifically
anything available for the 6650 and such newer type series servers.

TIA.
--

-

Dell hardware sensors.

Post by Matt_Dom.. » Mon, 29 Jul 2002 06:40:08

Quote:> I was curious if there were any Dell server hardware sensor
> patches, for
> things such as power supply failures, fan outages, etc. Specifically
> anything available for the 6650 and such newer type series servers.

Dell provides our OpenManage Server Administrator software which does this.
http://www.dell.com/openmanage/ has the marketing info.

OMSA version 1.1.0 is the latest released, and is available on
support.dell.com (this URL requires cookies - you can search for R43374 on
support.dell.com and find it too).
http://support.dell.com/us/en/filelib/download/index.asp?fileid=R43374

(subscribe, read archvies at http://lists.us.dell.com) helpful.

Thanks,
Matt

--
Matt Domsch
Dell Linux Solutions www.dell.com/linux

#1 US Linux Server provider for 2001 and Q1/2002! (IDC May 2002)

-

Dell hardware sensors.

Post by Austin Gonyo » Tue, 30 Jul 2002 01:00:11

NP. Thanks much. I could remember if that did that or not, was kind of a
passing question to me, so it wasn't on the top of my list.:)

--

-

1. lm-sensors on Dell Inspiron 7500

I run RH 7.2 on this laptop and the lm_sensors & lm_sensors-devel rpm's
are 2.5.5-6.  Seems that the sensors-detect script does not find
anything apart from eeprom.  Since I got this to work on other machines
w/o too many problems I suspect that the I7.5k does not implement any
health monitoring technology.  Google did not return anything so I'm
posting this as a last resort in case s/o has gotten sensors to work on
this particular laptop.

2. Problems installing FreeBSD

3. asus a7m266-d smp mode hardware sensors

4. Setup XFree86_SVGA

5. 865PE hardware sensors

6. Print quotas?

7. Hardware sensors + A7N8X-X

8. BADUSSER CHANNEL in MMDF sometimes doesn't sends mail

9. Metolious hardware-sensors-using-ACPI specs

10. Hardware Sensor KDE GUI Frontend

11. using hardware sensors on MB 741LMRT

12. I2c with Hardware sensors and BT878/BT848 card

13. Configuring hardware sensors on an Intel D865PERL motherboard