smb_request kernel messages

Post by Mirco Elli » Sat, 15 Mar 2003 12:00:11

Hi guys,

I have done a simple mapping from my linux server 2.4.X to a NT4 box "
smbmount //server/share /root/dir -o username=myuser,password=mypass". I
have included the command in rc.local  so that the share will be remapped
after every reboot. Everything is working fine, but I am receiving the
following error on /var/log/messages and it also appears on the screan:

smb_request:result_104,setting invalid
smb_retry:successful,new pid=1635, generation=21

This happens once every hour on the hour. Any ideas??

-

1. Failing smb_request

I have a 486 box set up as an intranet server (Redhat 6.0 kernel
2.2.5-15, Apache 1.3.14), serving files from smb shares on NT boxes.
When the shares haven't been accessed for some time, I get the following
error messages with each new access:
smb_request: result -32, setting invalid
smb_retry: new pid=451, generation=7
(with increasing numbers in the second row).  I never had this problem
with a previous kernel (Slackware 2.0.36) and separate smbfs.  The new
kernel seems considerably slower in accessing smb shares as well.
Can anyone help?
Kris

2. Linuxthreads compile error

3. Kernel messages in /var/log/messages

4. libtk.so.3 -- Does anyone have it?

5. Sparc Classic

6. kernel error message "martial message"

7. KDE 2 problem

8. Weird Kernel Messages in /var/log/messages

9. kernel message in /var/log/messages

10. "Memory is tight" message -- same kernel, different messages

11. sluggish: kernel eth0 message in /var/log/messages

12. Solaris 2.5.1: Does the kernel buffer up messages b4 writing to /var/adm/messages