2.4.21-pre5-ac1: one old problem, one new problem

2.4.21-pre5-ac1: one old problem, one new problem

Post by walt » Tue, 04 Mar 2003 21:50:13

Hi Alan,

First, I'm still seeing the same problem with swapoff -a which started with
-pre4-ac7.

# swapoff -a
Unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 00001000
   printing eip:
c014b5c1
*pde=000000000
Oops: 2
[lots of hex numbers snipped]
</sbin/swapoff segfaults>

The oops doesn't shut down the system -- everything continues on as if
nothing had happened.  The swapspace is disabled and can be re-enabled
with swapon as desired.

Also, if I specify the swap partition by name instead of using the -a flag
to swapoff, everything works normally.  Something about the -a flag causes
the problem.

Second (new) problem:
My Broadcom Tigon network chip doesn't work with -pre5-ac1, but it did
work just fine with pre4-ac7 and earlier.  It shows up in 'ifconfig' as
usual but I can't ping or connect to any machine other than localhost.

I'm happy to supply any other information you may need.  Just let me know
if I should provide more info.

Anyone else seeing these problems?

-